What is a Governing Body?
Welcome to the Local Governing Body page of our website. All schools are required to have a Governing Body. School Governors are volunteers who work together with Mr Denchfield in agreeing the aims and conduct of the school, ensuring that the pupils have a full entitlement to the agreed curriculum and managing the school within its allocated budget.
The Governors at Benhurst are approved by the Board of The LIFE Education Trust and are a combination of parents, school staff and members of the local community.
If you are interested in supporting or becoming a Governor, would like to support the Governing Body in another capacity or have any questions regarding the role of our Governors, please email the Chair, Mr Dean Jeffreys (email@example.com). Alternatively, you can write to:
Mr D Jeffreys, Chair of Governors, Benhurst Primary School, Benhurst Avenue, Elm Park, Essex. RM12 4QS
Governors are appointed to provide strong links between the school and the community it serves. They have a wide experience of the outside world and provide an independent view a visible form of accountability for the school.
School Governors attend regular school and Trust meetings, training sessions and conferences in order to maximise their impact. This includes termly updates through detailed Health Check reports on the leadership and management, quality of education, personal development, behaviour and attitudes, ethos, human resources, finance, and premises of our school.
In order to do this, our Governing Body:
– works with Mr Denchfield who is responsible for the day to day management of the school
– agrees policies and practice that assist Mr Denchfield and staff to carry out their responsibilities
– agrees principles and targets for improvement
– acts as the critical friend of the school and Mr Denchfield
– receives and discusses Health Check reports on the resulting practice and conduct of the school
– reviews its own working practices works within the regulations for governing bodies that are provided by the DfE and other statutory bodies.